Free Consultation (208) 344-0994 Toll Free: (800) 915-6448

Boise Attorney Receipt of Stolen Goods

Felony and Misdemeanor Receipt of Stolen Goods If you have been accused of receiving stolen property, you should take measures to begin a strong defense at the first opportunity. A conviction for receipt of or possession of stolen property, or receiving or transferring stolen vehicles can result in a sentence of several years in prison.

In order to convict you, the district attorney has to prove that the goods were stolen, and that you were aware or should have been aware of that fact when you took possession of the goods. Related charges might be the concealment or abandonment of stolen goods.

The charges may have resulted from a misunderstanding. All aspects of the case should be carefully analyzed before you take an action that may have a permanent effect on your life.

Attorney Jared B. Martens of Martens Law Office in Boise knows the regional courts and court procedures. Basing his advice on the circumstances leading to the charges against you, and his experience in criminal defense, he will explain exactly what your legal position is and recommend a course of action.

As your lawyer, he will challenge the evidence against you and may be able to get charges dismissed or reduced. He may negotiate a plea bargain with the district attorney, arranging to have charges reduced. If you do plead guilty, he will work with the judge for a favorable sentencing option, possibly including retained jurisdiction, probation, restitution or other alternatives to jail time.

Martens Law Office has weekend and evening appointments available, offers free initial consultations, and accepts credit cards. If you would like to speak with attorney Jared Martens about defense against a charge of receiving stolen property or concealment of stolen goods, please contact the firm and arrange a free consultation. The firm's lawyer and staff are committed to providing responsive and attentive client service.

Have You Been Criminally Charged?